Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Brad leaves on his mission!

 Three Priesthood holders.
 Three temple attenders
 One crazy 4 year old
 These were taken just before we went to have brad set apart as a full time missionary


 Seriously.  When will she grow out of this?
 Tim Marsden, John Arrington, Brad Hawks, Brian Hawks, Pres. Darin Carver
It was a powerful meeting and the blessing was profound and strong.  I pray many of the things that were said will come to Brad's mind often.
 The night before.
 loading up!
 Here we go!

I have to insert here that I had a horrible night's sleep and woke up with a killer headache.  I had this ongoing dream that kept waking me up.  I was getting ready for a great trip that was going to be amazing.  I would load and then taxi to the runway fo-ev-er!  Then the plane would drive on the freeway, slowly.  Then I was on a shuttle.  Then the shuttle locked me out and I knocked on the door and they left me.  So, I got on another.  It never seemed to end.  I just wanted to get on this epic trip!  I feel that is how Brad has felt about his mission. He is tired of waiting! He's done with, "Are you excited? Are you ready? Where are you going? When do you leave? etc" I've never seen anyone chomping at the bit to get there like he did.  In fact, we dropped him off early.  That may be a first in MTC history, but Brad was sick of waiting around.  We had walked around the temple grounds, ate lunch, and he was ready!






















 After we left we drove to the aquarium.  The kids slept on our way there and then walked around and enjoyed the animals.



Here is my first email from Brad that I got at 3:30
I'm here where you left me.  We forgot to label my luggage.  My p-day is Tuesday, so that's when you can expect to hear from me again.
       ~ Elder Hawks

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD

1 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks Anjie...what an incredible experience it is to send a son (or daughter) off on a mission...Sending love and hugs to you all...