Monday, September 3, 2018

Are you ready?

I have been asked that a LOT lately as it is almost time for Brad to leave on his mission.  I have been thinking about that question a lot. Brad gets asked it all the time! Is he ready?  How do I know?

When Isaac was here I prayed and prayed for him to be healed.  I told the Lord I would raise him to be a good missionary if he would just heal him.  I know now how foolish that was. First, don't make deals with the Lord and second, I should raise all my children by rising up to all that each child needs and becoming a great missionary would hopefully fall into that. It is not the sole goal. Isaac was called home and Heavenly Father sent me six more children.  I wonder though, how did I think I could ever raise my boy to be a good missionary?  My time is up with Brad.  Is he really prepared?  What else should I have done?  What else, really, could I have done?  Is there any way to know for sure that they are ready to be a good missionary?

He leaves next week.  I'm excited and happy for him, but I know we will miss him.  I don't mean to sound like I don't believe Brad has it in him to fulfill his mission and do an awesome job. I know he does.  More, just feeling overwhelmed at the task I thought seemed so simple and straight forward when my boy was young.

0 comments: