Sunday, October 19, 2008

Swollen Heart

My heart is especially full today and I am not sure why. After church this morning we walked around a beautiful park. The autumn colors were vibrant. My children were running and exploring. They were curious and creative. My husband would run with them, come push the stroller, then put his arm tenderly around me. It was almost too good to be true, like a wonderful dream. I am so full of love for my family. I am so grateful. My heart feels swollen inside and my throat has a lump in it. (although that could be the stupid sore throat I have.) I love my life! I am not sure why I have been so fortunate. I have a fear deep inside me that I could loose this bliss in an instant. I tell myself to enjoy! It could be gone tomorrow. I have hard time putting these feelings into words. But, maybe you get just a glimpse inside my full heart.

3 comments:

Monica Polad said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have been blessed with so much too and life is just so good. I sometimes don't feel like I deserve all that I have. I am just so thankful for having such an amazing family and every day that I have them. I keep telling myself to just enjoy every minute because before I know it they will be all grown up and it just won't be the same. Time just goes by way too fast!!

The Hunter's said...

You are so good at explaining your thoughts. Thanks for sharing and helping everyone to remember what is important!!
Thanks for the spectacular pictures!! They turned out way better than mine!!

Drama Momma said...

When Hannah was born, I thought for sure I would never see her grow up, she was too treasured to be left in my hands.

Low and behold I see her 13 years old and a bright future ahead of her.

I have felt that love a few times, it can be overwhelming. It is a treasure. I wish I could feel that when I am in the middle of fights, sweat and tears of raising children!

Thanks for sharing it, I think you do have it all from the inside out and all around you!