Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whistling

Brad has learned how to whistle. Which is quite impressive to me, considering I have yet to figure it out. I can't seem to get it. Sometimes I am not so happy that he has this new habit, like when the baby is sleeping. But, at the same time, no one whistles when they are sad. It's like a dog wagging his tail. If your child is whistling then you know life is good for them.

Today around 11:00 the phone rang. I said, "hello."

"Hi, Mom. I don't feel good."

Brad doesn't like missing school. We went and picked him up. He went straight to the bathroom. I heard the water running. He was in the bathtub. Every once in a while I would check on him. I could hear water running every half hour or so. About 4 hours later I heard the water draining. And, I heard whistling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! I too have yet to learn to whistle!
It is kind of a relief when you hear your children doing things to indicate they are happy. For Dallin it's singing. He sings about everything. It really bring joy to my heart when he does it! :-))
I hope Brad is feeling better. Keep up the whistling!

Monica Polad said...

Whistling is an amazing talent to have! I too cannot whistle. Wish I could.

Kar said...

Ah, a kid after my own heart - when times are bad, I sit in a hot bathtub. It's the panacea for feeling sick, feeling sad, feeling stressed, etc. Love it.