Friday, November 14, 2008

Nativity

I bought this nativity for my kids to paint. I thought it would be so sweet. I'm not sure what to think of Mary. Aubryn painted her black. All black. She is so proud of her work. "Do you like Mary?!" she asks. Of course we say yes. But I have to admit, it is disturbing to me.
Baby Jesus was painted by Brad. All that red around his head looks rather bloody to me. But I guess some newborns look bloody. uhh.
So, I have this proudly displayed in my home. Maybe it would be a great gift for Grandma.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Hey I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :) ♥ Hugs!

Kar said...

That is so stinkin' funny. You're a good sport to keep it displayed! And what a good idea, to have them participate in Christmas decorating.

Amy said...

Love it! Black Mary and bloody baby Jesus. Very deep.

Jenny said...

I laughed seeing the picture, and laughed more reading your post! So funny!!!

Jamie said...

That's cute! It's so funny the things kids do.
Hey, thanks for inviting Kaden over for Brad's movie night(tell Brad thanks too).
Kaden was going with his dad this weekend, but I told him he could still go to your house too, but he was too excited to go with his dad. If you have one again, let us know, because he really had a hard time deciding. When I asked him, he told me he had to go in his room to think about it. =)

Julianne said...

Mary reminds me a bit of Darth Vader :)