Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Heart

Today I am thankful. I am not sure why certain things happen, or a trial comes our way. I always wish they wouldn’t. But, they do. And then I am stronger and grateful. I wonder if maybe I do not show enough gratitude for all that my Heavenly Father has granted me.


Saturday night I was reading through some older journals of times of my life when things were challenging. I read about Isaac’s hard life. I read about me discovering he could not see and his other issues. I read about the heartache of understanding his challenging life. I read about when I was single and unsure of the next step in my life and the challenges of living on my own. I pondered on the blessings I have now. I was overcome with a thankful heart in appreciation for all that I have in my life right now. I was so thankful for my husband. (especially as I read about all the crazy dates I went on.)


Then Sunday afternoon as we rested after church, it all changed. It is amazing all the thoughts that pass through your mind in a moment of terror. What you might loose. Your children’s hearts. And, of course, the thought, “Is this really happening?!!!”


I am still in a state of shock and fear. But I am also in a state of extreme gratitude. I’m am so thankful for what I have. I will not take it for granted. Never.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

i hope everything is ok. i'll be thinking of you.

Christi said...

I hope that all is well. Hang in there. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kris said...

You are in my thoughts!!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Kar said...

What happened??? Is everything okay??

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am confused after reading that!
I really hope that everything is ok with you. Please let me know if you need anything!