Tuesday, December 30, 2008

10 Year Wedding Anniversary!

Top 10 reasons I’m happy to be married to Brian for 10 years!

10. He is STRONG! He is unmovable. We have faced hard challenges together. I have never seen him question the Lord. Never. His faith in Jesus Christ never shakes.
9. Supportive. Having a husband who stands by me is a great blessing. He validates me. He understands me. I can’t mention support without thinking of my pregnancies and deliveries. He not only physically supported me, but emotionally as well.
8. Plays with kids. Reads to kids. Wrestles with kids. Makes up stories with kids.
7. Cares for our physical needs. He brings me a drink of water every night. He changes diapers and wipes bottoms, without a complaint. He carries purses and now diaper bags. He is always looking for ways to make me comfortable.
6. He’s fun! We love to laugh together. He’s always up for a good time.
5. Positive attitude. He always finds the good in people. Sometimes I think he does not have the capability to notice the bad in someone.
4. Genuine. When I first met Brian, this was one of the characteristics that stood out to me. I have never met anyone who is so sincere. There is nothing fake about him. He is good, happy, and real.
3. Makes the best out of any situation. He works hard. Nothing gets in the way. He is not a complainer.
2. Great father. Good example. Honors priesthood.
1. He has blessed my life. I hate to imagine life without him. He helps me to be a better person. He listens to me. He laughs with me. He has cried with me. (and sometimes held me while I cried.) He faces storms with me. He makes life easier for me. He loves me. I love him.

When we realized our son Isaac was going to have a life labeled “disability” and heard the statistics of marriages that fail under those circumstances is around 70%, it was a daunting feeling. I will never forget what Brian told me.

”The other 30% get stronger. We’ll be fine.”

Then we heard the statistics rose significantly if a couple lost a child. But as we faced that challenge, we grew closer still. We clung to each other and helped comfort each other. He was the only person who understood what I had lost. He had lost the same.

And now we face new challenges together, but separately. I say that because, as we go through this together, I don’t know what he is going through and he doesn’t know what I am going through. It has been a difficult thing. But, as we have learned in the past, we can push through hard times. We can help each other. We can comfort each other. And as a result, we can fall deeper in love and bond even closer together, again.

Brian, thanks for marrying me! I love you! P.S. I couldn’t mention all the great things about being married to you without saying what a great looking guy I think you are. Thank goodness, too. Our kids wouldn’t have a chance of looking normal if it were up to me alone.

Click to play 10years
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

7 comments:

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

This was great Angie. I loved the smilebox. You are a great couple. Mark and I look up to you a lot. Thanks for being such a great example to us.

Julianne said...

Congrats on ten years! I have to agree that Brian is a great husband...I think you're aces too!

Natalie said...

You guys deserve each other!! Congratz on 10 years! The smilebox was so fun.

Jamie said...

Congrats on 10 years! Your blog made me cry. You guys are a great example. I really care about your family! (loved the slideshow too)

Jenny said...

Congrats on 10 years! You guys have such a cute family!

Jenny said...

love the pictures! congratulations on 10 years! i can't believe it's been that long. i remember coming to your reception, and it seems like that was just a year or two ago.

Kar said...

This post really, really touched my heart. What a fantastic guy. And you are pretty fantastic yourself. And you need to give yourself more credit for the prettiness of your kids, because they really look a lot like you.