Monday, December 8, 2008

Answers

So, the “episode,” “incident,” “spell,” “blackout,” or “whatever you call it” Brian did a few weeks ago that ended in a ride to the ER in an ambulance finally has a name. A seizure. We visited the neurologist this morning. As weird as it may seem, that is a little comforting to me. But just a little. You see, I wasn’t sure what was happening to him. It ended with him lying limp, lifeless, and blue. I thought he was gone. I remember having the thoughts, “Who is he with right now?” and “If anyone is ready, he is.” Those thoughts were obviously accompanied by my screaming and many other scary thoughts. But soon after, he began breathing softly on his own. It still took awhile for him to be “back.” When I arrived at the hospital I was nervous to see him. Was he okay? When I opened the curtain, there he was sitting up and said, “Hi, How’s it going?” He told me he never “saw the light.” We aren’t sure if that is a good thing or not. Ha ha. Brian feels great now and has ever since it happened. He said he felt refreshed. Who knew? Couldn’t he have just gone on a brisk walk? Emotionally, though, it has been another story. Very hard for us. But we are pushing through. We are finding the positives. Like, my instant thumb sucker has become a happy little baby! He has been in the car a lot lately and him soothing himself has been a big BLESSING! Also, my pink eyes that are not responding to my new drops have not spread to anyone else! (We are really desperate to find the positives.)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

i'm glad you have at least one answer. i hope that you are able to learn more - it would be so hard to have that worry all the time. thanks for an update. your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

The Hunter's said...

Thanks for the update. So what does that mean now? Medication?
Are you going to have to try a third drop for your eyes! So sorry!

Kris said...

WoW!! That is a scary thing. I am so glad he is alright.

benallredfamily said...

Oh my gosh, That is so scarry. My 9 yr old daughter about 3 yrs ago just passed out and had a seizure. They dont know what caused it and she hasnt had any since. Hopefully it will be something like that. I hope you all will continue to get better. Keep us updated.

Autumn

Jenny said...

Wow! How scary! Sorry to hear that all happened. If you ever need someone to watch your kids, just call me. I am glad you are looking for the positive.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! That must have been so scary for you! I can't imagine what you were going through!!!!
I hope that it isn't anything serious. Please let me know if you need anything. Seriously!!
Our prayers will continue to be with you.

Kar said...

Oh my gosh, Anj! How horrible! I cannot imagine the horror of those few moments. Holy crap. Have you found out what caused the seizure??