Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Fotos and Phun

Princess books
Talking to Grandma Jenny on the computer
Ariel wig
Playing with toys
"Nice!" Reagan says after he throws the ball
Rylan's first Christmas
Aubby emptying her stocking
Christmas Eve
Brad
View out the back window

We had a happy Christmas. The kids were so anxious! Aubryn woke up at about 6:00 and had to wait for her brothers to wake up. Brad set his alarm for 7:30, and actually slept until it went off. (Brad is notorious for setting alarms around the house. They go off at random times in random places.) We let Brad and Aubryn open their stockings while they waited for Reagan to wake up. Then Rylan woke up. The kids were happy all morning. Aubryn was willing to help everyone open their gifts. She jumped in if you were to slow. She wanted to see!!

I think about 90% of our Christmas gifts came from yard sales. I have been hiding things for a long time, but it paid off! Some of the great things I found for the kids were: movies, dolls (Polly Pockets, Mulan dolls, and a big Alice in Wonderland doll- both with the movie!), Cinderella lamp and glass shoes, LOTS of books, games, Polly Pocket dollhouse, leap pad table, ball net game, basketball game, lots of magnet toys, trucks, motorcycles, and a ballet bar with video and mat! My kids are still young and I can get away with it. I love the trill of the saving money and finding things so cheap. But I will admit that I felt a little (just a Little) bit guilty when I looked at all the stuff I had gotten for so cheap.

4 comments:

RicAnn said...

Way to go on all the savings! I never even thought of that, but now I have a good idea for next year.

Looks like you guys had a super fun Christmas!

The Hunter's said...

It looks like your kids had a blast!! The view out your window is beautiful, but it also enforces the idea of waiting to come down:(
What are the roads like around there?

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

Very cute family. It looks like you had a great Christmas.

Hillari

Kar said...

Good for you, Anj. The kids will never know. Don't you feel guilty! And what a breathtaking view from your house. Utah is so beautiful.