Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Miracle

I guess I shouldn't use that word lightly. But, it was no small accomplishment to get this picture taken. Brad had a dirty shirt, so I asked him to go put on a clean shirt. He came back wearing a white button up shirt, vest, and a clip-on tie (which was clipped on the outside of his collar). Then Aubryn changed out of her clothes into her princess nightgown. You see how this is going. Finally we all looked fairly picture ready. Our friends, Twyla and Mike, came over to be the photographer. They just kept clicking! Don't you love digital cameras?

Whoa! There just WAS a miracle. I was sitting here in my room nursing my baby and writing this post. Reagan walked over to the top of the stairs with Brad's train engine. It looked like he was going to throw it down the stairs. (Reeagan seems to always have his arm cranked ready to throw something. He has a powerful arm too!) I said, "Reagan don't throw that."
He said okay. Then I heard that awful sound. The boom boom boom. Not a toy train boom. A little boy boom. I jumped up and ran, grimacing and waiting for the big BOOM that would come when he hit the hardwood floor at the bottom of the 16 steps. There he was on the second step up from the bottom laying there. An angel caught him. I can't explain it any other way. I can't figure out how he stopped with all the momentum from falling that far. We really keep our guardian angel busy. He used to follow Aubryn around quite a bit. But I think Reagan has kept him busy lately!

4 comments:

Christi said...

Such a cute picture. I am glad that Reagan was safe, that is a long way to fall. Thanks Heavens for guardian angels.

Anonymous said...

Isn't amazing the way that these seemingly small miracles and blessings play into our lives DAILY!
I'm glad Reagan was ok!!
Your picture is darling.

Kris said...

Love the picture! I am glad your angel caught him. That would have been bad.

Jenny said...

oh, i'm so glad reagan wasn't hurt. how scary.

the picture is beautiful!