Saturday, December 6, 2008

Evil Eyes

I have pink eye. PINK EYE! Ugh. I've never had it before and it's everything I thought it would be. I had a doctor call in some drops for me. They weren't helping!! So then it spread to my other eye. Both eyes look totally gross. So to the doctor I went. He was asking me all kind of questions about the "goobers" in my eyes. How thick are the goobers? What color are the goobers? Are the goobers getting worse? He always seemed to put emphasis on the word goobers. He'd say it a little slower than the rest of the words. And his voice was the male version of Rosie O'Donnell's. I started to get the giggles. Is that really the professional word for that? He was trying to listen to my lungs while I "breathe normal", but I kept giggling. Giggling is fun, unless your not supposed to be doing it. Then it's the worst! I remember having the giggles in the temple once. That was bad. Why is it so hard to stop giggling??

Anyway, back to the pink eyes. Turns out I was having an allergic reaction to the first drops! They were making it worse. So here's hoping these second set of drops do the trick. Or I'm off to the eye doctor. But as the doctor said, "You didn't want to go to church tomorrow anyway, did you?" Uh, yeah! I was planning on hanging out in the nursery!

6 comments:

Amy said...

A good remedy for pink eye is good ol' Johnson's baby shampoo. Seriously, just rub it right in there. And, yeah, I know all about temple giggles. There are certain people I just can't go with.

Kris said...

I am so sorry, I have had pink eye and it sucks. Hope it goes away quickly.

Christi said...

Another tried and true rememdy for pink eye is breast milk. Luckily you probably have a supply readily available. :)

I have tried it a few times on members of my family and it works pretty quickly.

benallredfamily said...

Hi, oh hate pink eye. I heard of a home cure. I heard you slice a fresh tomato and put the juice in your eye. I havent tried it but it says it really works. I dont know if it stings but It might be worth a shot. good luck

Jenny said...

hope your eyes heal quickly. ruby looks like she might be getting a cold in her eye at the very least. she was goopy a lot last year.

Kar said...

Ewww, I hate pink eye so much. And I hate having to go to the dumb doctor and pay a co-pay, because I already know what it is... How weird he kept calling them goobers. That's a funny story!