Monday, December 29, 2008

In Public with my Kids

Tonight I decided to take Aubryn, Reagan, and Rylan to Burger King while we waited for Brian to finish at his office. I could not get Reagan to eat his hamburger. He usually eats them up. Tonight he refused. I bribed. Nothing worked. We were sitting in a booth. He was sitting across from me. He laid down on his tummy and reached his arm down between the bench and the window. He pulled something out and ate it! I asked him what it was and he told me a pickle. I said, "There are pickles on your hamburger."

Then Aubryn needed to go to the bathroom. I walked her there then went back to sit with the baby and two year old. I kept my eye on the bathroom door. While sitting there I heard, "I'M DONE!!!!" She yelled it so loud everyone could hear her.

We drove across the parking lot to pick up Brad and Brian at Brian's office. Brad slipped on the ice and hit his back on the van door.

We then drove to a furniture store. (Bad idea) We are in the market for a new bed. The mattress we sleep on is horrible. My back aches in the morning. The kids were bouncing around on the beds. We left that department. Then they found the rocking chairs. I walked past a selection of hope chests and Aubryn said, "Look mom, Time out benches."

Aubryn was getting very spirited in the store. She hid behind a piece of furniture. I told her to come and hold my hand. She took off running with her head turned back looking at me and BAM! She ran right into a wood chair. She hit the temple of her head. WAAAH! We scooped up the kids and got out as fast as we could.

Our family prayer went something like this tonight, "Please bless Dad's head, Brad's back, Rylan's heart, Reagan's lungs, Aubryn's head, and Mom's foot. (there is nothing wrong with my foot.I guess they didn't want me to feel left out.)

4 comments:

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

I am laughing my head off right now. I can totally picture your family doing this. I love it and it makes me miss you. We really need to do something soon. I don't know when though because Mark is working 7 days a week and the last 2 days he has worked 15hr days. We'll find a time.

Jamie said...

Ha ha, I feel ya. Sometimes I wonder why we try to go anywhere. It always ends up being hectic, but I sure hope everyone's ok. =)

Jenny said...

i needed that post. sounds like trying to go anywhere with our crew. :)

Kar said...

That post made me laugh so hard. I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who are tough "in public." I avoid taking them out as much as possible!!